Malaria Mondays - Adventures in Ghana and Beyond

An account, mostly true, of six months of an American college student's adventures across three continents, fraught with danger, passion, derring-do, beautiful damsels, evil villians...and you get the drift. My semester abroad, for your consideration.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Yes, another Monday here in West Africa! It looks like I'm about to get booted out of the internet cafe in a few minutes so the staff can take their lunch break, so this little update will just be a tantalizing little foretaste of the update to come later in the day. You can expect a few pictures (including one of our tro-tro broken down on the side of the road at the Ho-Hohoe junction), and my renditions of three traditional African fables shared with us by the blind village storyteller of Tafi Atome!

In the meantime, you can satiate your travelogue hunger by paying a visit to two of my best friends' study abroad blogs....simpletwistoffinland.blogspot.com is Brendon's account of his time in Joensuu, Finland. Great stuff! In the rising star category, today's 'blog recommendation is czech-mix.blogspot.com; Rebecca Hackler has already been adding some excellent updates to it, and she hasn't even left for the Czech Republic yet!

1 Comments:

At 1/2/06 23:04, Blogger Sabrina said...

Hello,
My name is Sabrina Hervey. I am a 2000 TLU Grad. I wanted to check out your blog because I am always inerested in hearing about other people's African experiances. After graduating from TLU I spent three years in Cameroon with the Peace Corps.

Have you noticed yet how people in Africa manage to stay clean no matter how much dust, dirt and mud they are in?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home